Wednesday 10 August 2016

Yet another string of minor incidents

I recently experienced a string of minor misfortunes while out on a shopping trip.There was a time when such incidents would have been very jarring but not any more; I was not affected at all. I even tried to mentally bring some positivity into the atmosphere.

The first incident happened when the bus I was on swept past a bus stop without stopping. A woman who had wanted to get off there became very angry, all the more because the next stop was a fair distance away so she had a long walk back. She swore at the driver.  He said that she should have rung the bell; she insisted that she had rung it. She seemed a bit disturbed and disconnected, and her voice had a strange, unpleasant tone.

The next incident took place in a small supermarket. A woman left her queue to go back and get some item she had forgotten. She took her time, leaving a lot of people waiting. Someone mentioned this, quite politely, to her when she came back – without apologising for the delay - and she took offence and got into an argument with him. Staff had to intervene.

When I was on the bus on the return journey, there was trouble involving a man in a wheelchair who wanted to get off and a passenger who intervened on his behalf. The driver closed the doors to let the ramp down, but she jumped to the wrong conclusion and thought that he was going to move on without letting the man off. She shouted for him to stop. 

It was just a misunderstanding, but the bus driver got annoyed and said, "I'm not blind!" She got annoyed and said there was no need for him to be so rude. As she got off a few stops later, she told the driver that he should not have spoken like that to someone who was just trying to help. 

Soon after that, the bus made a sudden, violent swerve and I was thrown forwards.

A young tourist asked me if she was on the right bus. I tried to help, but it seemed that her English wasn’t good enough for her to understand what I said, despite all my efforts. This was frustrating. I showed her a stop where she could change to a better bus; she produced a map and other papers and said that she knew where she was; I realised that she didn’t really need any help after all. She seemed rather vague. A very minor incident indeed, but I suspect that it was part of the string.


The final incident involved another wheelchair, a big electric one occupied by a large man. He got on and parked in the allocated area, but the driver would not start the bus. He called out that the wheelchair was not in the correct position: the back should rest against a designated backplate. The driver had a very strong accent and the man didn’t understand him. He had a small boy with him, and sent him to investigate. Some passengers joined in, relaying messages. The wheelchair man said he would try to get into the right place; people moved out of his way; he manoeuvered a bit then backed in. He defused the situation by saying, “I did it without mirrors!”

The whole atmosphere changed as if by magic. The driver mellowed; he asked the young boy how old he was (nine); he told him he respected him for helping his father. The boy called him ‘sir’, which was obviously appreciated. Many passengers joined in the conversation, and watched sentimentally when the pair got off – the boy sat on his father’s knee in the wheelchair as they sped along the pavement.

The behaviour of the man in the wheelchair shows how it is possible to change things for the better by keeping calm and being pleasant as opposed to matching energies and getting angry.

All that in a round trip that lasted less than two hours!

Nothing else like it has happened since November 2015; the incidents before that were in July 2015. When I experience a string of such unpleasant incidents after long stretches when nothing happens, there is often an energy vampire in the case. 

I know what had caused the recent incidents: it was a passing encounter with a neighbour whom I hadn’t seen for ages. This is the one mentioned in one of the main energy vampire articles as being particularly toxic and responsible for some trouble on the bus.  I passed her front door when I was leaving my block of flats and she was there, talking to the postman. My theory is that the bad energy that she sent after me attracted and affected some people with low resistance.

It will be interesting to see what happens if and when I ever encounter this neighbour again. 

Taking a ride on a London bus is usually very enjoyable: